cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Product Manager
Product Manager

12.7.1 Release Candidate Now Available

The 12.7.1 release candidate build is now available in the customer portal for those customers wishing to deploy.  Reminder, an RC is what has completed our internal testing and we believe is ready to go, but want to get feedback from users before we make generally available since we cannot duplicate every environment out there.  You can also find the current version of the release notes here - WHD 12.7.1 Release Notes

0 Kudos
30 Replies

I'm not running the hotfix. I haven't had a maintenence window since it was released, it also didn't mention any of my issues in the list of issues fixed so I wasn't planning on it.

0 Kudos

Will let others of course chime in, but yes we have had many customers upgrade and some who have reported some issues that engineering has worked with them on, but in general, no what I would deem as critical issues have been reported.  Are you able to upgrade to an RC or do you have to wait for GA?

0 Kudos

I don't HAVE to wait, but I have an upgrade window coming up and if it resolves my issues without introducing new ones that would be spectacular. Its been out such a short time though that I'm not ready to put it in production without getting a lot of feedback.

0 Kudos

I just pinged you offline via email to dig into the issue you reference a bit further.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Reached out to support to get RC, I guess the RC version has issues? I get it is Beta, but not releasing an RC, must still be bad.

Thank you for contacting SolarWinds Technical Support.

My name is Joshua and I will be working on this case with you.

We don't recommend installing the 12.7 RC1 for your production since it is only a BETA version and not the official one.

We are still identifying possible issues that might still exists in this version.

Thank you for choosing SolarWinds products.

Regards,

Joshua Sario

SolarWinds Technical Support

0 Kudos

12.7.1 is not a beta, but a release candidate which we believe could be the final build as it has exited our testing, etc. 

0 Kudos

an RC is not the final build what type of issue are you seeing?

0 Kudos

Hi bshopp​,

I think you meant the 12.7.1 RC build is available rather than is not available.

As for feedback, seems numerous CSS bits aren't working as expected in all browsers, though I think this has already been raised as per 12.7.1 RC 1 Feedback​.

-Midnight

0 Kudos

I had a remote session this morning working on the CSS issues that I am seeing. The provided me with a workaround for the CSS that seems to be working and will get back to with something more permanent before the final release. Luckily I have a test instance so its not end user impacting.

0 Kudos

Thank you, nice catch, you are 100% correct and I fixed that typo.

0 Kudos