This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

wpm transaction stuck in status "unknown"

a transaction is stuck in status unknown

this transaction is played on a remote player machine

restarting the player on the remote machine does not solve the issue

We need your help in analyzing the below errors that we receive in :

event viewer of remote player machine

Application : SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe

Version du Framework : v4.0.30319

Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.

Informations sur l'exception : code d'exception c0000005, adresse d'exception 6592D489

Nom de l’application défaillante SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe, version : 2.2.0.297, horodatage : 0x54e6a7bb

Nom du module défaillant : AcroPDFImpl.dll_unloaded, version : 19.12.20034.1161, horodatage : 0x5ccb9a8a

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x0003d489

ID du processus défaillant : 0x2954

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d54ba6dc7dbd57

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player\SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: AcroPDFImpl.dll

ID de rapport : 446434a0-b79a-11e9-885f-0050568f4d74

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

------------

Solarwinds logs of remote player machine

C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\SEUM\AgentWorker_v(null)_(null)_[12132].log

2019-08-05 12:04:27,021 [SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe][UI Thread] WARN  SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.SEUMWebBrowser - Error clearing cache: Exception de HRESULT : 0x80072EE4

2019-08-05 12:04:27,021 [SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe][UI Thread] WARN  SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.SEUMWebBrowser - Unable to delete cache directory C:\Users\SEUM-User-1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\SEUM-User-1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5' est refusé.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)

à System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.SEUMWebBrowser.DeleteCacheDirectory(String path)

2019-08-05 12:04:27,037 [SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe][UI Thread] WARN  SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.SEUMWebBrowser - Error clearing cookies: Exception de HRESULT : 0x80072EE4

2019-08-05 12:05:17,131 [SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe][UI Thread] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.EventProcessors.BrowserEventProcessor - Unable to register modal and modeless dialog JS callbacks.

System.InvalidCastException: Le cast spécifié n'est pas valide.

à IfacesEnumsStructsClasses.IWebBrowser2.get_Document()

à csExWB.cEXWB.GetActiveDocument()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Browser.EventProcessors.BrowserEventProcessor.RegisterDialogWindowHandling(String url, Boolean isTopLevel)

C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\SEUM\AgentService.log

2019-08-05 12:10:07,272 [30] WARN  SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.LoadMonitor - Unable to check current load. Marking as busy.

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Cannot access the proxy while in state Closed

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy.get_SyncWorker()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy.<.ctor>b__0()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.LoadMonitor.CheckIfWorkerIsBusy(Object state)

2019-08-05 12:11:17,319 [WorkerProcessMonitor] WARN  SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcess - CommunicationException detected for b49d6f16-0827-49fe-87a6-0e745269e98d

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: L'objet de communication System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel ne peut pas être utilisé pour la communication car il est dans l'état Faulted.

Server stack trace:

à System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()

à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Common.IAgentWorker.GetPlaybackResults()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessWCFProxy.GetPlaybackResults()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcess.<GetPlaybackResults>b__7()

à SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcess.MakeCall[T](Func`1 methodCall)

---------------

Orion solarwinds server:

Location is ok

monitor is in status unknown

----

I tried killing all instances of worker process on remote player machine and then restart service of remote player solwinds: same problem is repeated

• From what I can see in the logs you are running an older version so you may want to try updating to the latest version available in your customer portal. There are some access warnings there that may simply be the cache files not clearing out but those shouldn't be the problem here. You may want to open a ticket with support so the team can dig in a little deeper and troubleshoot with you.

• Hi jvb​,

I have had the same issue this weekend and I am trying to find a cause for it.

I have managed to get the transactions running again by stopping and starting services on the primary polling engine, rather than the WPM player. However this is just a bandage until we can find the root cause,

Thankfully, this issue doesn't crop up often, but it has a massive impact in our client base.
    One thing I did notice, an event that shows that the WPM Performance Adapter Service appeared to go in to a stopped state before the log as above. I just can't seem to find any justification for it...

Any thoughts as to which way to turn next?

Kind regards,

J

• That would be a good candidate for gathering some diagnostics and opening a ticket with support. I am not aware of any known issues that would lead to your transactions ending up in that state so I don't have much in the way of suggestion other than letting the support team take a look at it with you and start some troubleshooting.

• Hi jvb​,

Thanks for the reply. As I have it up and running now, I will look to grab these diags next time this occurs and send to support to see what they can find.

Kind regards,

James