This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Where does SEUM player store it's Internet Explorer temp files

I'm currently running SEUM player to monitor an intranet website and performs download transaction.

After the file download has been completed, I need to export this downloaded file into a different folder for checking.

I've created a custom page which will go to Internet Explorer "Temporary Internet Files" folder and retrieve the file to a new folder.

This works fine during the recorder and testing. However once we deployed this recording it seems the file location where the "Temporary Internet Files" located is not the same.

I deployed the script on the same server which we did the recording. My question is

1) Where does SEUM player store the file that has been downloaded ?

2) Does SEUM use a different  "Temporary Internet Files" folder to store its temp files?

• SEUM uses it's own local user accounts when running playbacks. They are named "SEUM-User-X" where X is a number from 1 to 7. Downloaded files are then stored in "Temporary Internet Files" folder for particular user. However you can't say which playback runs under which user, it's based on current load.

We also try to delete downloaded files once we don't need them anymore so depending on when you try to copy them they may be already gone.

• Thanks for the hint. I managed to retrieve the file by doing a recursive search on the "Temporary Internet Files" folder on each of the SEUM user account.

A little tedious but gets the job done.

• I'm also interested in why you need to download/move file to different folder. Can you provide more information about your scenario? Is there anything that you would like to have in SEUM that would help you with your task? For example download to custom folder, do some additional checks of downloaded file such as text search in file etc?

• I'm using SEUM to monitor a report generator server which crunch some data from multiple databases. Previously we performed a manual download task manually(daily) and throw it to a custom folder where a scheduled job will analyze the file to ensure the data consistency.A feature to allow us define a custom folder where we want the downloaded file to be stored and text search on the downloaded file will definitely solve our issue.

• One more question: That text search should be for static text or some dynamic value that can change with every playback? In case of dynamic value, how would you like to define it?