This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Webrecorder can't record

Hi,

I am using a Web Performance monitor recorder Version: 2.0.1.1060 Build:1060 (Orion Core version:2014.2.4.0).

I am trying to record an internal site with an login. When I am opening this page with IE you see the begin of the page and after 2 or 3 seconds a login (no pop up).

With the recorder I am only seeing the first page and it seems that it is trying to load something to display the second step the login, but this won't load:

In this example you see in the front the page opened in IE and in the back in Web Recorder:

pastedImage_0.png

Are there any things I am overlooking?

Please help.

Reno.

• Reno,

What account is the Web Recorder session to your intranet site run as? Is it the same user as you're using when getting the normal result in direct IE?

• Hi rharland2012,

I have tried it with the admin account and now with my account, but I am getting no results.

We have different recordings and they are still working. I can add new recordings or change existing ones.

• Okay.

Are you trying to create the recording on your server, your PC, or some special-purpose box? Where are the other successful recordings sourced from?

• On a remote server. I am logged in with a terminal server client. All the other recordings are stored or made in the same way.

Can it be a problem on the website that I have recorder? For example if the java version has been updated or something?

• Hello Reno,

screenshot shows that WPM Recorder does not correctly handle what page does and opens login screen in external IE window. As long as it's in this external window there is no way to record it. I suggest to open a support ticket so that our engineers can look at it.

You mentioned that it's intranet site so I assume there is no way to access at least that login page from outside, right?

• Hi Jiri,

I have opened a case: Case #708754 - "Webrecorder can't record"

That's correct it's an internal site. I'm not getting the option to provide an login name or password.

I am getting a message: "Element for last action was not found on the page. Do you want to skip this action and try to continue?" yes don't work and no "Playback failed: Element for last action was not found on the page".