This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM conditional steps

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have a WPM script that tests 3 steps in a website (logging in, running a query, displaying results).    The problem I'm having is that occasionally the application inserts a broadcast message that adds a new page after authentication, and the user must click OK to continue.  How can I script for this?  Whenever that new page is present, my script fails.

Thanks

• Hello Shane,

WPM currently does not directly support conditional actions but you can try one workaround:

1. Start recording and log-in.
    2. If broadcast page is not shown, stop recording and start over until you get broadcast page.
    3. Once you are on broadcast page, switch recorder to "XY capture mode" (Edit->Toggle XY capture mode, or use button on toolbar) .
    4. Click on OK button to close broadcast page.
    5. Disable "XY capture mode"
    6. Continue recording as usual.

What happens in this scenario is that click on OK button is recorded in special "XY" mode. This means that recorder does not really care about the button, it just clicks on exact coordinates where you clicked during recording. Because of this it does not care if button is not there, it clicks anyway.

That means that transaction does not fail if broadcast page is not displayed, but it also means that you need to make sure that there is nothing "active" on page after login at point where you clicked because WPM clicks there regardless. Also, the OK button needs to be on the sample place every time broadcast page is displayed so that WPM "hits" it.

• We are currently testing out the product as an alternative to Gomez Saas.  Most of our web pages periodically pop in Security Challenges.  This could be a deal breaker for us.

• We haven't had time to make use of it yet, but be aware that conditional support was added to WPM with the 2.1 release.  You can now make steps "optional".

• Hi,

Have you already resolve your issue with regard on security certificate? Because I also encountered this emoticons_sad.png

• I had a problem where once a script failed with some error, since it didn't log out properly, the subsequent failures of the script occurred because the account was already logged in and the original error was no longer being displayed.

I got around this writing a version of the script that logs in to the website and then just logs out while it is in XY capture mode

• go to website.com
    • login
    • logout

. I then deleted all steps of this script until only going to website and doing  the log out were part at the top.

• go to website.com
    • logout

I then continued writing the script the way a normally would. I then set the log out steps at the top as optional.

• go to website.com
    • logout
    • go to website.com
    • login
    • do stuff and check stuff
    • logout

(I just wrote a script like this and seems to be working very well).