This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM can I add a retry to a tranaction before the alert is sent

Hi All,

We are using WPM and it seems to be generating a lot of alerts, we then login and run the transaction manually and it works. I am wondering if we add a retry or 2 before the alert fires, and if so how can we add the retries.

Thanks,

-PAt

• The simplest way to make that happen is in the alert trigger page check the box that says problem must exist for _ minutes, keeping in mind that WPM transactions are usually on 5 minute intervals, so 10 min = 2 attempts

• Interesting - I would assume this interval is configurable, yes?  What happens if I don't want a transaction to run every 5 minutes?  To get around this issue we need to have specific conditions met, like "transaction must fail 2 times consecutively to raise an alert" regardless of the interval between runs.  From what I have seen (and I'm just starting with SW) alerts are extremely flexible and configurable and there are likely multiple ways to make this work. 

• Yes, you can adjust the interval that transactions run on. The minimum is one minute.

pastedImage_0.png