cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Upgraded to WPM 3.0 and now transactions don't work

Hi all,

I've updated Orion recently, which included upgrading WPM recorder/player to v3.0. I am aware that I'm going to have to replace my recordings, but for some reason, my new recordings on the same location are not working. They come back with an error "Probe process has failed with exit code -1". Don't suppose anyone knows why this might be? I've got the player set to Server initiated communication, which has been tested and comes back as working fine. The WPM is on the same server as the Orion services, and has an internet connection. The Recorder can display the page, and it saves the recording to the orion server without any errors. The monitor is created also without any errors.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks guys,

Gareth

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 8

Hi Gareth,

Try to re-record the site using the WPM deprecated recorder.

Link about the new recorder and deprecated recorder: About WPM Recorders

I believe the WPM 3.0 uses the new Recorder.

Types of recorder

The 3.0 WPM Recorder offers a new user interface and portable browser engine support (via Google Chromium) that is not dependent on the locally installed operating system browser.

The Deprecated WPM Recorder is the same one provided in WPM 2.2.3 and earlier.

Use it to record transactions on websites that use Java applets, Microsoft Silverlight, and Adobe Flash technology.

See if this works after a few playbacks.

0 Kudos

How do you guys use the old WPM 2.2 recording tool when running WPM 3.0? My 2.2 recorder app wants to force an upgrade to 3.0 immediately, if I skip the upgrade it doesn't open the 2.2 version.

Opened a ticket with support but thought you guys might be quicker

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I remember something like that in the upgrade process but when it's all done, you'll definitely still be able to add both recorders. I have both on my workstation now. Just go to Admin >>Settings >> WPM Settings >> Manage Transaction Monitors and there should be a banner on top with links to download both.

0 Kudos

Thanks, got a link from support to the following article which resolved my issue (accept prompt to upgrade player and allow wizard to finish, then open the deprecated version)

Success Center

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I logged the ticket yesterday but haven't had any response yet. The ticket number is 00415912.

Thanks

Gareth

0 Kudos

We have this issue as well after upgrading to 3.0. This "Probe process has failed with exit code -1" only happens occasionally and we opened a ticket mid August. After collecting logs with support it was determined by the development team that it was a known bug with the current version. They recommended to upgrade to WPM 2019.4 (it looks like it is in RC now) or I would recommend using the legacy player if you can (and recorder).

0 Kudos

I'm having this issue as well after upgrade to WPM 3.0. I can try the upgrade to WPM 2019.4 after Thanksgiving to see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Have you tried cycling the WPM Player services on the location?

0 Kudos

Hi JVB,

Yeah restarted services and rebooted server. Still the same response.

Regards,

Gareth

0 Kudos

Sounds like we need to ask the team to investigate that. Would you mind opening a ticket so we can gather some diags and troubleshoot the issue? Feel free to ping the ticket number back here and I will track internally as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos