This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Timing in an iframe can't be measured?

I'm having problems getting SEUM to log the timing of content loaded in an iframe.  For example, if you have a simple base page that has two frames(left navigation, right content), the playback time is always zero when on the steps that use the framed content.  I have a lot of frames sites that can't be monitored for performance because of this issue. 

• Hello,

actions in frames/iframes does not trigger main browser events that we use for duration measurement - you for example don't get "Navigate" action in recorder. You may try a workround using "Match Content" actions. Into each step that you want to measure, add "Match Content" (Edit->Match Content) action that will search for specific text that should appear in the frame once it is loaded. This should give you some timings, however they will not be exactly the same as timings of content load.

I created a feature request tracked under FB137936 so that we can look at this issue.