This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SEUM browser handling windows opening/closing

We're evaluating SEUM, and writing some test transactions to see how things work.  I've sent a note to Solarwinds engineering, but thought I'd post here as well to see if anyone has any insights.

We've tried to record a transaction in webmail, which seems to work well until we logout, at which point the application tries to close the window, which seems to give the recorder some issues - the ability to 'stop' the recording disappears.

In another transaction, we're testing an application where we click a link and another window is opened by the app, and we would like to be able to test some functionality in that window.  When recording, we cannot see that window.  When we playback, it appears.

• Hello,
    thank you for your feedback!

Now to your points. If webmail tries to close current window during logout operation an it causes issues for you, you can try to skip logout action. Each playback clears cache and cookies so even if you don't log out, next playback will be logged out correctly (unless webmail uses some non-session or non-cookie based login process).

Regarding second issue I would need more information. If you already have support case opened with us, we get to the point eventually so you don't have to post more details here. If you don't have a case opened, please do so so we can look at your issues directly.

Thank you

• I am having the same problem.  Everything records fine but I get an error when attempting to logout.  The recorder says it's trying to open a new window and it refuses to log out of the page I am recording.  It is important that I logout or else a new record will be saved on the site every time it polls.

Please help asap, we are trying to buy this product in the next day or two and this is a huge issue if I can't log out clean from each transaction.

Thanks

• ariabell, please contact your sales representative and ask him to escalate the issue. We will most likely need to set up an online meeting with you to take a look at it.

• Thanks, - my sales rep left for vacation yesterday.  I opened a ticket just now #293462.  I can do a meeting any time this morning.  

• ariabell, if looks like you've been working with Cooper. I'll have someone from sales reach out to you shortly to schedule some time for you to work through this issue with an SE. 

• Thanks aLTeReGo, I am all set working with MichalB on this.

Aria