This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SEUM attempting to start RASMAN

Hi everyone,

Is there some reason why the SEUM users would be attempting to query and start the Remote Access Connection Manager?

Is this a dependency of the SEUM?

Best practices require that this be disabled, and I am filling up my logs with these failed attempts.

Thanks!

Jason Hurst

• I've disabled "Remote Access Connection Manager" service on my SeUM machine but I'm not seeing any of the events you reference in the Windows Event Log. It is possible that you have a local or group policy configured for Dial-Up or VPN access that may be initiating the start of this dial-on-demand service?

• As a follow-up, the issue he was seeing cleared when we disabled a transaction that was having issues reaching an internal site. The first series of steps logs into a local web proxy which should allow the access (and did, when the transaction was first recorded). We disabled the transaction, noted the errors had stopped, re-enabled it, noted the errors had returned and resigned to deleting and re-creating the transaction. I'll let Jason follow-up on the results when he gets time to work through it.

• After having a consultant come in and evaluate our environment, we have decided to rebuild the system.

I think there may be some legacy installation items that never got properly uninstalled, and currently the system is running on Server 2003.

We would prefer to go to 2008 R2 anyways.

Thanks for the help and support.

Jason Hurst