cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SEUM and browser scroll bar

Jump to solution

I have a transaction that is looking at page that is longer than the screen.  I need to scrool down, enter text, and click a button.  When trying to set up this transaction, it consistently fails between the point of opening the page, and entering the text (No step is listed for the scrolling). Is this something that needs to be enabled or is this functionality not supported?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

After some trial and error, It appeared to be an error with the site itself.  SEUM saw the page as not loading correctly.  It was an issue within one of the frames on the page not "completing".  I removed that frame and it worked.  thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 14

Scrolling is nothing from page point of view. It's just a presentation part for you. Entering text or any other page operation works on whole page no matter if you scrolled it or not.

What error do you get? How does it fail? Does it fail in Recorder or just in Playback Player service?

After some trial and error, It appeared to be an error with the site itself.  SEUM saw the page as not loading correctly.  It was an issue within one of the frames on the page not "completing".  I removed that frame and it worked.  thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Good to hear that.

Is this "frame not loading correctly" issue something that you see as issue from user's perspective as well? Is it something that user may notice and find incorrect if it happen or is it something that user will not notice and still SEUM is failing on it?

0 Kudos

The user doesn't notice any issue, and the page appeared the load correctly.  The frame was not a required element of the page, so I just deleted it.  Must  have been an html error within that frame.

0 Kudos

Is that page publicly available so we can investigate this further?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately,  it is not.  If I encounter this situation again, I will provide you the URL for further analysis

Thank you

0 Kudos

After some trial and error, It appeared to be an error with the site itself.  SEUM saw the page as not loading correctly.  It was an issue within one of the frames on the page not "completing".  I removed that frame and it worked.  Rhanks

0 Kudos