This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Playing back a transaction recording

Hello all,

I am interested in recording a traction that captures various processes such as login, some few page navigation and some data entry on web forms. One feature of the application would enable an item to be removed from a HTML grid list depending on user input from a data entry form. My question is, if I have made the recording and the application is playing back the recording, does it end up preforming CRUD operations as would have been performed during the recording. A similar scenario would be picking items from a list and adding to a cart in shopping site. When performing the playback, would the whole processes modify the back-end database? Thanks in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Caesar

• Hi,

playback of the recording is from your web application perspective same thing a if you would be clicking in browser. So any operation you record is played back and your applications reacts as any user would perform same. So if any actions you record modify database of your application it will happen also when played back.

Hope that helps,

Peter