This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Report Scheduler - no UserName/Password in report URL

I have two schedule reports setup which emails out fine with the attached PDF and URL link to the report.  So when I click on the URL link the email I get the SolarWinds logon web page.  I do have the "Orion Web Login" tab setup with a SolarWinds account "guest" and a password.  Not sure what other combo or setting I need to change.

Like I said, the emails come fine with report attachment and URL. Click on URL and get the logon page.  If I use the guest account with current password, it goes right in to the report.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

• I'm not sure I understand your issue entirely. You're using the Orion Report Scheduler to send you a PDF report. Is that correct? This should send you a report via email that contains the report as a PDF attachment. Is the attachment not included in the email? Does the PDF file not contain the report data? 

Please explain in as much detail as possible what the issue is, and include screenshots of what you're seeing if possible. Thanks!

• Hello,
    "Orion Web Login" tab is to specify credentials that are used when generating report. They are not appended to URL that you receive in email for security reasons.

If you want to add credentials to URL you can do it manually. When you are defining "Web Page to Retrieve", append "&AccountID=YOUR_GUEST_ACCOUNT&password=YOUR_GUEST_PASSWORD"  to defined URL. This will create URL that will use specified credentials to log-in automatically.

However you have to disable "Send Orion Username / Password in URL" otherwise report generator will append another pair of credentials and will not be able to log-in.

• Orion report scheduler is shared component of the Orion products family. Search NPM forum for further information.

The trouble is that on "Orion Web Login" tab you specify Username/password of an account which has rights to display reports, it is used basically to login into Website.

The URL sent in email doesn't contain login credentials.

• Thank you all for the support.