cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Incorrect timings

Jump to solution

I have a transaction that consists of  approximately a dozen actions  that are all shown under  a single step.

Although it takes 10 seconds or so for all of the steps to complete, it looks like SEUM is only counting either the last or first step as it states that the entire transaction is taking under a second.   Since the transaction includes clicking on multiple buttons and selecting different links, and everything is handled under the same primary url, I do not believe the timing to be accurate.

Is there a way to either break out the steps into separate line items, or ensure that the entire timing is correct?

Navigate to https://testing123
• Write text 'id' to text field 
• Press {TAB} key 
• Write password '**********' to password field 
• Click on image 
• Mouse over link 
• Click on link 
• Click on image 
• Mouse over link 
• Click on link 
• Verify that there is text 'Account' on current page 
• Mouse over 
• Click on 
• Mouse over 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

Hello,

we're taking duration only for page loads (Navigate action) and file downloads (File downloading action). We do not collect duration for other types of action like clicks on buttons, checking checkboxes etc. because it is the recorder internal logic and it is not related to the real page performance. For the recording you posted above we take duration only for the action "Navigate to https://testing123".

To your second question about breaking steps or creating custom steps: This is already tracked as the feature request.

Have a nice day,

JaM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 9

Hello,

we're taking duration only for page loads (Navigate action) and file downloads (File downloading action). We do not collect duration for other types of action like clicks on buttons, checking checkboxes etc. because it is the recorder internal logic and it is not related to the real page performance. For the recording you posted above we take duration only for the action "Navigate to https://testing123".

To your second question about breaking steps or creating custom steps: This is already tracked as the feature request.

Have a nice day,

JaM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

We are not getting the correct timings on our pages due to the fact that time is not being allowed for all frames to load.  There appears to be a threshold after which SEUM moves to the next step.  I have had several failures to find text on a page since it may take up to 10 minutes for one of our frames to load SEUM seems to move on after 30 seconds.

Any ideas how to ensure the entire page is loaded prior to moving on, or increasing the timeout value would be appreciated

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Hello,
you are right that SEUM gives up after 30 seconds. 99% of pages load within 30 seconds so it is reasonable timeout. 10 minutes to load a page is really out of standard page load times. However you can change default timeout. I sent you private message with instructions.

0 Kudos

I'm also facing this issue.  How is that timeout adjusted?

0 Kudos

Hello,

here is how to change timeout values:

• On machine where SEUM player is installed go to "C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player"
  • Backup file "SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe.config" to some safe location
  • Open file "SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe.config" in text editor
  • Locate tag <playerConfiguration /> around line 12
  • Change it to:
    <playerConfiguration elementWaitTimeMs="XXXX" pendingRequestsWaitTimeMs="XXXX" />
    where XXXX is number of milliseconds you want to wait. For 1 minute use 60000, for 5 minutes use 300000 etc.
  • Save changes, close editor and restart "SolarWinds SEUM Playback Player" service.

Be aware that this change can have negative effect on performance of some transactions, especially if they contain some long-running requests.

0 Kudos