This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to check SSL certificates through WPM

Hi everyone,

I'm running a web player transaction to check all of our customer portals are up and running, which works great. However I'd like to know when the SSL certificates for these sites are going to expire and add that to the status of the site. I was hoping that I would be able to get that done through the WPM player/recording?

Regards,

Gareth

• Adam is on the right track here. The best way to do that is with the purpose built SSL component checks in SAM.

• I had tried that before, setting up external nodes against the urls, but that wasn’t working as expected. What node do I assign the application monitors to instead?

Thanks

Gareth Armstrong

Technical Engineer

• "It depends" is probably the only real answer, but yeah externals can work.

If you're looking after internally hosted servers adding a monitor directly to the SNMP/WMI/Agent node is best, sometimes you need to take an external path because of some networking reason or a particularly weird application.

Personally I got some powershell up and running that checks the web version first, then the internal cert store. That works for most of our stuff but still some nodes are weird and need a separate thing.

Generally if https://nodepollingip in a brower produces a certificate icon/error then you're in a good place. Fully external stuff might get caught in your firewall depending how that's setup.

There's a few threads in the SAM forum with some more detailed writeups