cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Change recorder browser (WPM)

Hello,

Actually the WPM uses the IE browser for the recorder, and for some sites we have problems with this browser, and we are having the same problems on the recorder.

There's any way to change the browser used by the recorder? (for Firefox or chrome)

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

The latest RC which features a new Chromium based browser engine went live today for customers under active maintenance:

WPM 3.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 NOW AVAILABLE!

What's New in WPM 3.0 - Chromium Based Recorder and Player

Is there an update on WPM/Chrome comparability yet?

0 Kudos

Yes, we recently closed out a beta test with the latest version of WPM which removes the reliance on IE.

We are taking a little time to implement some things based on the feedback from the beta and are moving quickly towards the next milestone.

That's absolutely superb news. So many devs are building sites just for Chrome and it has been really frustrating. I can't  to check out the the new WPM.

Thank you

This is great news. The sooner you release it the better. We have a site that runs in IE but users are instructed they must use Chrome so obviously we want to record and play transactions from Chrome and not IE.

Please keep us posted for release date. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi jvb​,

This is good news!

Is there any word on when this is likely to be released? Or anywhere we can see more detailed updates on the release?

Kind regards,

J

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

I don't have an exact release date I can share just yet but anyone who is under current maintenance will see RC notifications as soon as it is ready and we will also obviously announce it here on THWACK as well.

Did the beta go well?

0 Kudos

Yes, the beta went well... We have been incorporating feedback from the beta and continuing development work. I will update as soon as I am allowed

0 Kudos

I don't think it can be said yet, but a bump to see if we can get a definitive answer!

This one thing alone would close a lot of issues we appear to be having with WPM!

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

The latest RC which features a new Chromium based browser engine went live today for customers under active maintenance:

WPM 3.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 NOW AVAILABLE!

What's New in WPM 3.0 - Chromium Based Recorder and Player

0 Kudos
Level 7

did version 2.2 have a fix for the browser issue.  is it possible to use Firefox and Chrome to do the recordings?

0 Kudos

We are working on a release that will improve browser support function.

I have multiple apps that need to be in WPM but require Chrome.....

...help me Steven Hunt, your my only hope....

0 Kudos

I think there was rumors but no confirmation that they are looking to include a standalone browser package in the next major release of WPM. Which will be fantastic in that I can abandon Internet Explorer.

As an aside we've found the best performance for WPM playback locations to be via physical machines running Windows 7. We tried 2012 VMs for a while and had nothing but problems in terms of inconsistent playback times etc.

0 Kudos

I have a company site that I can access from IE browser on my laptop with Enterprise Mode enabled. But when access it from WPM recording on my laptop, it gave me error saying 'product not supported'. Is this fixable?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm am testing out WPM and noticed that a lot of sites are not loading, yahoo.com is one and when I'm not in WPM  and on regular old IE site works fine. Obviously I don't care about yahoo but noticed some similar issues with some of my companies sites. Noticed some redirects won't work. I feel like the browser might be on an old SSL encryption like TLS -1 and the webservers are refusing the connection, just a guess though. Would rather see an add-on for IE rather than using IE modified browser that has locked settings. Upon further investigation I discovered a warning message on opening, "Your Windows IE security level is too high to ensure correct operation of the Web Performance Monitor Recorder "

0 Kudos

Hi,

yahoo works fine for me, so this can be some environmental issue. Are your websites public ? We can try that from our side, just create support ticket.

Petr

0 Kudos
Level 7

in version 2.2, this has been fixed?

0 Kudos

This is not fixed, this is huge feature and it is not still present in WPM 2.2