cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcam
Level 14

AWS as player location deprecated?

Jump to solution

Could I get clarification on what has been deprecated with regard to cloud based locations?

The 2019.4 release notes have "The ability to add cloud-based transaction locations from the Manage Transaction Locations page was removed from the product"

I can't find any other information on this.

I have a cloud based player in AWS that stopped working when we upgraded to 2019.4 and can't see any was to get it back without downgrading.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jvb
Level 13

Re: AWS as player location deprecated?

Jump to solution

I know you and I discussed this directly off of THWACK already but I thought I would add the answer here as well in case others have the same question and are searching here... Cloud based players will still work from any cloud service you choose. We chose to deprecate / remove the feature in WPM where you could directly deploy a new instance from one of our images because almost nobody was using the feature. Most customers prefer to use their own standard images instead of having to patch and customize the one we provided. So you can always use cloud based players but you will have to deploy your own VM instance and install the player on it. Any players you had previously deployed using the old direct deployment feature should still work although in some cases you may need to manually update those to the latest bits.

mcam
Level 14

Re: AWS as player location deprecated?

Jump to solution

thank you - its a good excuse to get rid of the old one a rebuild using a newer windows server as well

0 Kudos