cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Newbie - What does "The RPC Server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA" mean?

I can't find a clear definition online. I got it as well as some other freebies to see if I could learn more about what's going on with my system because I am having problems and I don't know anyone who can help me. The local techs I trusted lost my trust when I learned enough to figure out they had just been using me as an income source - that's why I'm here now.

Thought I'd start with basics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Newbie - What does "The RPC Server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA" mean?

For the future it would be better if you could explain what exactly you were trying to do... nonetheless, the error message sounds like it cannot reach the RPC service on the server... maybe a connection error? service not running? wrong credentials?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Newbie - What does "The RPC Server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA" mean?

I'm guessing that I have the same issue, my SolarWinds WMI Monitor keeps coming up with this error, In fact it has just done it now while I'm typeing, I'm quite new to Exchange and I'm not sure if this is an error with the Monitor software or our configuration.  I have tried the 'remote firewall' fix that is published on various web sites but still it drops in and out during the day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

This error message indicates that the remote server is unreachable. I would recommend monitoring connectivity and looking for either packet loss or high latency.

0 Kudos