cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Extend the WMI monitor with WMI from Thwack ?

How can I easily search find the WMI Shared extentions for the WMI monitor on the forum.

When using the Search there does not seem to be a good filter to find only these related shared files.

Thanks

ptrex

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 17

Check the Content Exchange

http://thwack.com/media/42/default.aspx

0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did find this section of the site.

But in there there are 156 items. Of which some are related to WMI and others or not, if I am correct.

I tried several and some do install but others don't ?

Can you guide me through the list, to indicate me how I can see the difference.

Thanks

Patrick

0 Kudos

Much of that content is posted  by the community, not by us, so it's hard for us to say what's in it.  Many of the templates say "WMI" in the title or the description.

What problem are you trying to solve?  What do you want to monitor?

0 Kudos

Hy Denny,

Many times when I tried to extend the monitor with posted scripts from the forum. I get an error message like this ?

Application Monitor - #name of the script - WMI#. Does not contain any WMI counters.

Even when it clearly say WMI or WMI only in the description of the script, posted by the formum member.

I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Patrick

0 Kudos

Yes, there are some templates that use WMI to monitor processes and services.  The WMI Monitor tool only works with performance counters.  If it says there are no counters, then there aren't any.  You're not doing anything wrong.

0 Kudos

denny,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I am not blaming anyone.

But this is exactly what I meant in the beginning. For a User of the WMI monitor, it is hard to see which out of the list of extensions he can use / add.

Unless he tries them all 1 by 1. Which will take a long time when the list grows ?

Apart from that the tool itself if working nicely.

Rgds

Patrick

0 Kudos

Fair criticism.  We'll see what we can do to make it easier.

0 Kudos

I have gone through the templates that have WMI in the name and tested against the WMI Monitor Free Tool. Those that passed are now marked "Free tool tested".

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Hi mcbridea,

Thanks for notifying me !

I will have a look at it.

It will definitely help a lot of users that use the WMI monitor.

Rgds,

ptrex

0 Kudos