Integrate live chat capability that would allow clients who are logged in WHD to initiate a chat based on the request type for their issue. This would initiate a chat with whatever tech is logged into the Web Help Desk. A couple of things this would need in order to be useful:
• Allow chat support to be determined by request type and associated tech groups/lead techs who may be available for chat support.
• Allow techs to become unavailable to chat support (in case a tech group or a tech is not meant to do chat support).
• A way to track who is available for chat support in real time by administrators and/or group managers (perhaps via a widget in the dashboard).
• A way to track conversations with the client getting an e-mail of the conversation and a ticket being generated for record keeping in the system.
• Set a time frame for live chat to be available so that techs who log into WHD after business hours do not accidentally become available for chat support.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community.
More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly
contribute to our product development process.