This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WebHelpDesk Migration from one Win server to another

Hi Everyone,

I need some assistance in migrating Solarwinds Web Help Desk from our internal Windows 2012 server to another windows 2012 server.

The server I am trying to migrate to is an Amazon EC2 windows server.

I use MySQL as our database source and NOT PostgresSQL.

Here is what I have done thus far:

• On the Source server:
    1. Stopped Web Help Desk
    2. Dumped the "whd.sql" file to a Dropbox folder.  (This dump file includes the data.  812MB file)
    3. Copied the "C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\conf" folder to Dropbox
    4. Copied the "C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\bin\wrapper\conf" folder to Dropbox
    5. Start Web Help Desk
  • On the Target Server:
    1. Installed the same version Web Help Desk.
    2. Stopped Web Help Desk
    3. Created a new database, "whd.sql" using PHPMYADMIN.  (Note, at this time the database is still empty)
      1. Downloaded the "whd.sql" file from dropbox to c:\whdbackup\
      2. Opened the mysql console and ran the following:
        1. use whd
        2. source c:/whdbackup/whd.sql
        3. Waited until the import completed
        4. Exit
      3. Logged back into PHPMYADMIN and verified the data existed in the new whd.sql database.  Success.
    4. Replaced the "C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\conf" folder with the one from Dropbox
    5. Replaced the "C:\Program Files\WebHelpDesk\bin\wrapper\conf" folder with the one from Dropbox
    6. Started Web Help Desk.
    7. Opened browser, Chrome and navigated to 127.0.0.1:8081
    8. Web Help Desk wizard started.   This is where my problem starts.   I enter all the relevant details but can't go any further.  The buttons dont seem to work.  See screenshot below:

Screenshot 2016-12-05 08.33.57.png

Not sure where I went wrong.   But any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stephan

• I'll start by saying:  I haven't done this personally, so i don't know for sure that this would work.  emoticons_happy.png

What i would try is:   on the target server, install WHD with a MySQL database as you would if it were a new machine - and go through the whole process of creating the database and then running through the getting started wizard before you copy any of the other files.   Then, shut down WHD and copy the config files and database files, etc... over.

That appears to be the approach used by the process for moving the PostgreSQL db installs as described here; note that they have the user run through the install AND the getting started wizard before stopping WHD and copying other stuff in...

Move Web Help Desk from one system to another - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support