This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Web Help Desk Unable to send email

Hello All,

I have installed Web Helpdesk and I am able to receive emails and the ticket is being created as expected. However I am unable to send email from Web HelpDesk. 

I am receiving the following error when using the standard port 25: Encountered error while attempting to send email: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 504 5.5.2 <CommandCenter>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

If I switch settings to SSL and use port 465 I receive the following error: Encountered error while attempting to create transport for sending email: com.macsdesign.whd.util.EmailMessageController$CouldNotCreateTransportException: Could not create transport for E-Mail messages: Unable to establish SMTP connection within 30 seconds. Host: 1.1.1.1, Port: 465, User: support, useSSL: true 

• Update.

I have resolved the issues and I am able to send out email.

However, it appears if I send a test email to support@domain.com from an email address with the same domain I do not receive the email. If i send from my gmail account everything works as expected. 

Is this an expected behavior of the application or do I need to modify a setting? Again, all emails that are not on the same domain are working flawlessly.