This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WHD Report Showing only Top Level Request Types?

I have a lot of ticket request types that have sub categories included.  What I'd like is just a basic bar chart report that essentially shows where most of our helpdesk work is being spent on.  The problem is it seems the reports always include a separate bar for each sub category, this makes the entire report too long and unusable.  For example I have a top level category for Printers, then sub categories for scanning, printing, faxing, new procurement, new installations, and general maintenance.  In the report the tickets from the sub categories should be combined for the top level Printers category - that way we quickly see how much time is spent dealing with all printing issues.

How can I do this?

• Hi aaron,

This is actually pretty simple to do with the report filter page.  Select a new filter as inclusive and only select your top level catagory(s) for request type.   It will add up all the subcategories under that top level and not break it out.