This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

V12

Anyone upgrade yet?  Nothing in the update was near the top of my wish list.

• No one has upgraded?  Does that mean there wasn't much in it that anyone needed/wanted (compared to the feature request list)?

• I upgraded one of our 2 instances to the V12 RC 1. This instance is not end user facing yet so its hard to say. They did change the main navigation icons, they upgraded the version of Java from 1.6  U12 to 1.6 U26 not sure if that will help with preformace/stabilty at all. There are no major features that the users submitted through this forum other than the built in assest discovery. However we use SCCM to get all of our data.

The only major new feathre we are looking at is the native orion integration we want to presue this in the near future.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I upgraded last night to V12. I only had one issue with the database migration that support was able to resolve. If you use the embedded frontbase it will get migrated to Postgresql.

I was excited about the asset management being native. Going to play around with it today see how it goes.

• I upgraded today as I saw that V12 was not listed as a RC in the license portal.  The upgrade went smooth as could be and all features are working well, including the SSO that was not working in RC1.  The one thing I am looking for (and the main reason I upgraded) is the Solarwinds Integration.  I am looking for an admin guide or some type of direction, but was told that it is still a RC so they could not help me.  Any direction that anyone could provide would be appreciated.........

• Thanks for all the details! We are preparing admin guide and all other necessary documentation, so shortly it should be available to give more direction. Otherwise I encourage you to go ahead and try to play with the features, I think you will find most quite intuitive. We have Alert integration with NCM, NPM and SAM. We also introduced native integration of asset import for those 3 products. Hope this helps.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

It's been alittle over a week since I've upgraded and overall it's been pretty good. I've been using V12 like I have been using the other versions so not much change in my environment. I hit a couple issues with this version:

1 - If you are installing this to a 2003 server or XP server there is a change in a config file to turn off the requirement to use IPV6. After this change was made by support my frontbase database converted over to PostGRE with no problems.

2- WMI asset discovery isnt working very well. It has discovered 123 assets but only reports on 21 of them. I have a current ticket open with support and have sent them some log files, waiting to hear back from them. This is the one feature that made me spring to this version and try it out. I'll touch back once this is fixed.

• It does seem to be intuative, but for some reason I am not getting any tickets generated by the alerts.  Any direction you might be able to point me in as to what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated

• Just upgraded and it was very smooth.  I upgraded for the postgreSQL to get off frontbase and the performance benefit is immediately noticeable.  Frontbase was horribly slow on the VM we ran WHD on.  Now it is atleast 4-5x faster.

• Just upgraded a few days ago. Only change I noticed was the ugly toolbar at the top...

Still not happy about the use of Java.