This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ticket Submission Type Stats

I am looking for a way to identify whether tickets have been opened from clients via email or the WHD GUI.

Anyone know if there is criteria i can base a report on to gather this information?

• I was looking through the DB at the job_ticket table and a few other associated tables for creation source, but it doesn't seem to be tracked.  Even in the history_entry table it only notes that a ticket was created by a user in the entry field, but not the source.  From what I can see so far, I think your best bet for getting something like that would potentially be from some tool that looks at the helpdesk.log files or potentially using the send syslog off to a tool that can analyze for what you want.  To get something like this in report form from the reporting system itself, you would likely need to put in a feature request to have the submission source tracked on the ticket somehow.

I could also be missing something, so anyone else that might know of a way to get this report please help out.  I would like to see the solution myself, since it would help me ID another datapoint in a WHD db that could be useful that I am not aware of at this time.

- Jeff

• We used a ticket custom field, where it set using a set of action rules which look at how a ticket is created, example below

Action Rule #1 - Created by a client in the Client Interface

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Action Rule #2 - Created by a client from an email

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

You can also set the "ticket creation" method if a tech creates a ticket on behalf of a client within the Tech GUI.

make the custom field a pop-up menu, and not visible to clients and read only to techs.

You can them make a ticket query or Report where required,

This will only work with new tickets.

regards

Chris