cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Send Email to client by action rule

Hallo, community!

Id like to make an action rule, that sends an email to the client, if the ticket status is "In Progress".

And I have one question - how can I send an email to client  by action rule? There is the tag <client_email>. I tried to write this to the feld "Recipient" and save the action rule, but Helpdesk throws "<" and ">" from Recipient. Thats why its unpossible for me to send an email to the client!

I can send it to one certain person, if I write down direct the email-address,  but not a ticket's client.

Please help! Thank you!

7 Replies
Level 9

It's now 2020, and this is still an issue. Just tried to configure this on our server and the same behavior is exhibited.

Very disappointing how little attention Solarwinds gives to this product. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Made a feature request:

0 Kudos
Level 9

Just checked in the newest installment of Webhelpdesk - Still doesn't work? Strange because this is a bug!

Djeten

0 Kudos
Level 7

It seems at this time this is still not corrected - how is it possible a simple thing like this issue hasn't been addressed by now? Is there any form of development or improvement being applied?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having the same issue, however I did manage to get <client_email> to stay like that. I typed <<client_email>> and it only takes one set away, even if you save again, it still stays like it is supposed to. However it still doesn't owrk. It still isn't sending to the client email that submitted the ticket. I hope they fix this. This would be a very valuable function to have, and is a little strange that it doesn't allow you to do that.

0 Kudos
Level 7

This would be very useful to me. I am surprised it is not available.

0 Kudos
Level 10

I ran across the same issue dm451.   We thought we had a nice solution to HR request flows and notifications, only to discover hardcoded email addresses are all that is allowed in the Recipient field.   Hopefully this is an oversight and will be fixed/updated soon.

0 Kudos