This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

See all tickets

We have a small IT team of 6 engineers.  We all have admin rights to the WHD system.  I'd like everyone be able to log in and the 1st thing they see is a list of all open tickets.  I don't see a widget for that and I have to use a round about way to see all open tickets.

Thanks.,

• What do you mean "All" open tickets? There are tech permissions you can set for techs that allow them to see only tickets in their tech groups or allow them to view tickets outside of their tech groups. They don't need administrator access for that. I'd say that's a bad precedent too because if someone makes an administrator change.....disaster could ensue. You can currently see all currently opened tickets by just checking out the Group tickets tab as it will show all tickets opened for that particular tech based on the groups he's in.

If you want a tech to see literally ALL open tickets, then you'd have to add them to all tech groups. Alternatively, you can created a shared query that shows all opened tickets for all tech groups. But keep in mind if you're system gets large, running a query like that may take some time 9and could cause some slow downs I imagine).

• I have 3 tech groups and we have processes to assign tickets by those groups.  So somewhere on the ticket page I'd like all tickets listed.  It would be nice to be able to set the default as "open" as an admin but they can use the search for all closed.

• We do also have a need for this.

As we are a small unit of only about 30 people with three groups, the operators that recieve the tickets want to see all the tickets in the system that is not closed.

What we had to do was to add a Shared Query that chooses all the groups and the status we wanted.

What would be a better solution is to have another menu option on the side of Group Tickets, called "All Tickets". That default show all tickets in the syetem.

• Anything new on this?  I too have some questions on this.

I'm the admin/sup of a 4 tech team.  I have a group set up with all 4 of us in there but every time I test by submitting a ticket I don't see it within the "group tickets" tab.

Not sure what I'm missing but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• I had only the "parent' request types checked in the request types supported whereas every child request type needs to also be checked.

It works now but I would think that if the Parent group is checked then all child types should also be counted.....not a big deal just seems like the most logical.

Thanks