cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Lookup and prefill based on Active Directory?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to know who a user is based on their AD lookup and prefill certain custom fields?

I guess another way to ask the question is...:

Is there a way to map fields from AD to custom fields on the ticket?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

I think the problem is that there are separate Custom Fields for the Client & Custom Fields for Tickets. You can map Client Custom Fields to AD attributes (in AD/LDAP Connections> Attribute Mappings), but these would only show up on the Client tab, not populated into the Ticket details, which is what I think you want to achieve.

However, you might be able to do it indirectly with action rules- you can use Client Custom Fields as criteria to modify a ticket using an Action Rule so while it's a bit messy you could maybe do something with that? 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 11

I think the problem is that there are separate Custom Fields for the Client & Custom Fields for Tickets. You can map Client Custom Fields to AD attributes (in AD/LDAP Connections> Attribute Mappings), but these would only show up on the Client tab, not populated into the Ticket details, which is what I think you want to achieve.

However, you might be able to do it indirectly with action rules- you can use Client Custom Fields as criteria to modify a ticket using an Action Rule so while it's a bit messy you could maybe do something with that? 

View solution in original post