This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to have a delay in the a task element?

I have a ticket task that has two elements; 1) Generate the initial ticket for a specific system change.  2) On closure of the first, generate a followup ticket to complete the task.

The problem is I don't want #2 to generate until at least a day after I close #1, but I'm not sure if this is possible.  There doesn't seem to be an option to set the 2nd element to generate after XX number of hours, or days after closure of element #1, so I just have #2 set to generate on closure of #1 which generates it immediately, and is not really what I want because I have to wait a day to close out the 2nd ticket.

How would I configure a delay on the 2nd ticket to generate, or is that possible?

• Best I can think of is to use Action Rules, so maybe something like this:

1. Create fist ticket
    2. When done, change status to "Resolved"
    3. Create Actin rules to check status "Resolved" in Criteria and "Updated by" "Tech" "prior to" 2 business days.
    4. Run another task to create second ticket.

I would recommend to test it, it's just a first idea which came to my mind.