This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Import assets of NPM into Web Help Desk

Hello there,

right now I'm trying to get my devices from my NPM into the asset list of the web help desk.

I have an express installation version of NPM which means that I'm not using a Database...problem is that if I want to discover/import the devices from my NPM into the web help desk I have to specify the database connection.

Is there any workaround how I could import my NPM devices into the web help desk assets if I’m not having a database for the NPM?

Thanks

• NPM needs a DB, so you are definitely using a DB. If you used express installation, I recommend to re-run configuration wizard for NPM to define username and password to your database and use those in WHD.

• On the machine you have NPM installed on, go the following file:

C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\SWNetPerfMon.db

You can open this file with notepad. It will give the username\password in plain text for your SQL database.

You can use these credentials import your assets. If you need the instance name, download SQL Server Management Studio (this is also useful for making backups of your database).

Usually the name is MACHINE\SOLARWINDS_ORION

Hope this helps.