This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I'm very new to WHD and am wondering how CABs work. I can create a CAB in the setup section. What do I do next?

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi:

I am new to WHD...like just a couple of days new.   I would like to process change tickets through WHD and have created a CAB with the appropriate approvals.   I just don't know what to do next.  I have read the documentation and it isn't guiding me in the right direction.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks!

• Hi ddwoodnc,

The 1st Step is to create the CAB under "Processes -> Change Advisory Board"

Next create the approval process under "Processes -> Approval Processes"  Choose the options appropriate to your requiremnets

2015-05-21 09_18_49-Web Help Desk - Approval Processes.png

Click Save and then move to Approval Steps, here you will define the Approver Type, in this case it will be a CAB, choose the name of the CAB you created.

2015-05-21 09_19_22-Web Help Desk - Approval Processes2.png

The final step is to choose which requests types will initiate this process. Click the "Request Types Supported" tab, select the required request types and click save

2015-05-21 09_19_40-Web Help Desk - Approval Processes3.png

Hope that Helps,

Tony

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to tony.johnson

Tony:

Thank you so much!  This definitely helps.

Diane