This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do you delete an attachment in ticket notes?

I know how to delete an attachment that was attached to a ticket, there's a trash bin we can click right next to it. But the attachment I'm referring to is in the Notes section, like when someone sent a ticket update via email and attached an attachment to it, so now it's in the notes, but we need to delete the attachment now in the notes, is there a way to do it? 

• If you click on the date time for the note, it will put you into the edit note mode for that note.  There you will see a trash can you can click on to delete attachments next to the attachments that are in the note itself.

• Thanks, I wish I saw your response before the ticket was deleted. But ticket is deleted and therefore we can't edit the note for that ticket, and therefore we can't delete the attachment.  Will we have to recover the deleted ticket somehow?

• If you do not have the secure-delete option set for the tech that performed the delete of the ticket, you can undelete the ticket in the database.

If you are unsure it is setup, the steps to check for secure-delete setting can be found here:

Success Center

The steps for undeleting all tickets(these are specific to MS SQL Server, just do the similar steps for the DB you are using) in the DB are here:

Success Center

To modify the undelete all query to only undelete 1 specific ticket change the where clause so it is looking for job_ticket_id the the matching ticket number- here is an example that would work for ticket 37:

UPDATE JOB_TICKET

SET DELETED = 0

WHERE job_ticket_id = 37;

• Thank you, I requested assistance from Solarwinds Tech Support and they walked me through a similar procedure with the SQL query you described. We were able to recover the ticket.