Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Database Server - Web Help Desk - Sizing

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

This is the first time that I will install WHD, this scenario will be for 4 tech more or less, according WHD documentation, for sizing WHD server is clear the hardware required, but what about DB hardware for WHD? Do someone know the recommended resources for database? (Cpu / Memory / Storage)

Any contribution will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

It isn't a very heavy workload database and for 4 techs, I would think the standard requirements would be enough for the RAM and CPU.  Disk space allocation will depend purely on usage.  I have seen an instance where the database did get into the 300GB size range, but the users were attaching tons of docs to every ticket over the course of years.  Depending on the intended usage it may be smaller than 1GB and it could be huge if attachments are thrown into every ticket.  These are the specs listed on the WHD requirements:

Database hardware requirements

The following table lists the minimum hardware requirements for a database server running a Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL database with WHD

Component Requirements

CPU64-bit Dual Core 3.0 GHz or higher
Hard drive space20 GB
RAM3 GB with 1 GB additional RAM for every additional 10 techs

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/whd/Content/HelpDeskInstallRequirements.htm

-j_a_catlin

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 12

It isn't a very heavy workload database and for 4 techs, I would think the standard requirements would be enough for the RAM and CPU.  Disk space allocation will depend purely on usage.  I have seen an instance where the database did get into the 300GB size range, but the users were attaching tons of docs to every ticket over the course of years.  Depending on the intended usage it may be smaller than 1GB and it could be huge if attachments are thrown into every ticket.  These are the specs listed on the WHD requirements:

Database hardware requirements

The following table lists the minimum hardware requirements for a database server running a Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL database with WHD

Component Requirements

CPU64-bit Dual Core 3.0 GHz or higher
Hard drive space20 GB
RAM3 GB with 1 GB additional RAM for every additional 10 techs

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/whd/Content/HelpDeskInstallRequirements.htm

-j_a_catlin

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you very much 🙂 

0 Kudos