This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Connection timed out: connect

Has anyone else faced the following issue? The help desk is receiving email but I continue to receive the following error.
Thank you in advance.

Web Helpdesk is running on Server 2012 R2.
Email provider is Google.

I've tried multiple changes to correct this issue but none have been successful.

1. Changed imap configuration. Tried using server IP instead of imap.gmail.com
2. Changed port number; i.e. from SSL to standard port
3. Tried using compatibility mode and not using it
4. Reset account password
5. Changed connection time out. Have had it as high as 1 hour.

An error last occurred at 9/4/20 7:02 pm while attempting to retrieve e-mail from helpdesk@myemailaddress.com:

Connection timed out: connect

com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: imap.gmail.com, 993; timeout -1;
  nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:740)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:366)
at com.macsdesign.whd.util.EmailUtils$1.executeUntilTimeout(EmailUtils.java:285)
at com.macsdesign.util.ThreadTimer$TimeableThread.run(ThreadTimer.java:138)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:101)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketIm...

Please check the e-mail account settings and the mail server for any problems. E-Mail will be checked again in 5 minutes, or when e-mail settings are updated to make a successful connection with your mailbox. Settings for this e-mail account are at Setup > E-Mail > Incoming Mail Accounts.