This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Approval to close ticket

We would like the Manager to approve certain tickets either before or after they are closed.

Before -- we don't want him to close all the tickets and I can't think of a way for an approval for the technician to close.

After -- I was thinking of adding a custom field that was simply "Closure Approval"  (Yes/No).  Allow him to query on "no"; review; set to yes.   Can I default the value of a custom field to no?

Any other suggestions for accomplishing this?

• Tickets in an approval state cannot be closed until the approval chain is approved or denied you can override the approval chain to the end.

As for closing it after are you wanting that to be the lasts step in the approval chain or a separate closure notice, example we have a ticket state called resolved, this gives the user 4 business days to reopen the ticket or close it by accepting, if the time expires it auto closes.