cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

problems to add sites in voip module

Hi, I have installed Voip module, and I have running IP SLA and IP SLA Proactive Threshold Monitoring in one of our customer network. Through solarwinds syslogs we see whenever a threshold is reached. The problem that we have is we can not add those devices to the module: the error we get is:

Add VoIP Site

IP SLA is not supported for coldwell-bankers-cupey. More information on Cisco IOS Software IP SLA’s is available at www.cisco.com/go/ipsla. For hardware and software requirements, visit www.cisco.com/go/fn and select "IP SLAs - UDP Based VoIP Operation" as the feature.

how can we put devices in voip module to measure jitter and latency?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 8

David,

Which nodes(devices) are you trying to add?  When I was trying to add my Avaya equipment, I got the same error.  I had to back out to my Cisco switches to enable the monitoring.

0 Kudos
Level 17

The VoIP Hotfix 2 addressed an issue in which IP SLA support was incorrectly detected and nodes could not be added, have you applied this?

0 Kudos

I have tried to install voip hotfix for v1 but I am getting an error 

Installing Patch

Stopping Service
  Copying files to C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\
Error: Unable to copy files to install directory. (Error Code: 0)

This hotfix installer encountered an error replacing files.

Please stop any running VoIP Monitor and Orion programs and try again.

Press any key to continue . . .

I have stopped Voip monitor service manually (as well) but I still get the same problem. I have check any programs but there is nothing related to Orion or Voip running. (Orion services are running of course.. I can not stop the full platform) 

0 Kudos

I have tried to install voip hotfix for v1 but I am getting an error 

Installing Patch

Stopping Service
  Copying files to C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\
Error: Unable to copy files to install directory. (Error Code: 0)

This hotfix installer encountered an error replacing files.

Please stop any running VoIP Monitor and Orion programs and try again.

Press any key to continue . . .

I have stopped Voip monitor service manually (as well) but I still get the same problem. I have check any programs but there is nothing related to Orion or Voip running. (Orion services are running of course.. I can not stop the full platform) 

I see this sort of behavior in any SW SP lately...not just VoIP.  I run it a second time and it seems to work then.

BB

0 Kudos

I finally installed the hotfix... but I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos

Also, please ensure the System Manager is closed.

0 Kudos

I finally installed the hotfix... but I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos

Are you logged in as local admin. when you are applying the hotfix?

0 Kudos