cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

how to configure your VOIP routers to support the VOIP monitor

I want to evaluate the new VOIP monitor tool but there is no topic int he documentation explaining or referring to the configuration you need to do on your VOIP routers !

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 19

That's because the configuration is automatically done by the VoIP module itself.   You just need to make choices in the settings:

http://www.solarwinds.com/NetPerfMon/SolarWinds/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=SolarWinds&file=VoipMonitorAdministratorGuide.6.27.htm#9000728

0 Kudos

I assume that at a certain point you get a login prompt to configure your cisco device ?

Because I don't have a clue how the installation procedure will be able to access our password protected routers to make the necessary changes

0 Kudos

The VoIP Monitor will do all the changes via a SNMP rw community. So you have to establish a rw community on the device. 

0 Kudos

Just read it in the manual ( RTFM )

But from a security point of view I'll be adding a weakness in our security framework.

I can configure an ACL for this but does it only need to configure the device once or does the system needs to update the configuration on a regular basis ? 

0 Kudos

VoIP Monitor will need to update the configuration on a regular basis to maintain the IP SLA operations.  When an IP SLA operation expires or the device is rebooted, VoIP Monitor will create new IP SLA operations automatically. 

0 Kudos

Can it use V3 SNMP?

0 Kudos

SNMP v3 is fully supported by VoIP Monitor.

0 Kudos

As an update to this thread, the new 2.0 version of VoIP Monitor will not need to reconfigure periodically. It will only need the rw community at the time the configuration is being made. Once configured VoIP Monitor will not use the rw community string unless the device is rebooted and the configuration needs to be re-done.

0 Kudos