cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

VoIP Monitor v2 Release Candidate is now available for download!!

The VoIP Monitor v2 Release Candidate is now available for download for all Thwack users.  You have the opportunity to load the latest and greatest VoIP Monitor release before we officially announce the release.  The updates for this release are as follows:

Manual call path configuration – VoIP Monitor no longer requires the read/write community string in order to collect IP SLA data from your VoIP call paths.  You can now manually configure IP SLA on the IP SLA capable Cisco switches and routers.  The option for VoIP Monitor to auto-configure IP SLA via the read/write community string is still present and the default option.  Note: You can set up VoIP Monitor to auto-configure IP SLA operations for all devices with read/write access and to discover the IP SLA operations from manually configured devices. 

Call paths are now set to run lifetime – VoIP Monitor v1 call path operations were set to run for 1 hour, which is the default IP SLA value.  After an hour, VoIP Monitor would recreate the operations using the read/write community string.  VoIP Monitor v2 now sets the operations to run forever and therefore the read/write community string is not used again by VoIP Monitor until the device is rebooted, IP SLA settings are modified, or the call paths are deleted and recreated by the user within VoIP Monitor. 

Multiple VoIP Poller support – Users can deploy VoIP Monitor on multiple Orion pollers in order to manage larger deployments, deployments where each server has limited access to devices, or where the same IP address space is managed by multiple servers.

Additional CallManager data collection and graphing – VoIP Monitor v2 monitors rejected phones, rejected gateways, and the operational status of each connected phone.

CallManager Alerts – CallManager alerts are now part of VoIP Monitor and several advanced alerts such as Alert me when unregistered phones are above 5% are available by default.

Updated Gauges and the ability to choose desired gauge – Slick, new gauges are available for representing call paths stats including Jitter, MOS, Latency, and Packet Loss.

Improved scalability – VoIP Monitor v2 handles larger VoIP deployments.

Improved navigation and usability – VoIP Monitor includes a Quick Start screen to help get started on setting up VoIP Monitor.  Additionally, VoIP Monitor includes navigation to guide you through the Settings.

The licensed version is available in your Customer Portal under the Downloads section. 

If you have any issues downloading the Release Candidate or experience any issues with the updated release, please let us know by either posting to this thread or by creating a support ticket at https://forms.netsuite.com/app/site/crm/externalcasepage.nl?compid=638609&formid=12&h=3d0552f20b2e9b...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 12

Haley...I'm not able to download this from my account.  Also....are you providing a seperate service and seperate web site install for those of us with multiple pollers?

BB

0 Kudos

You should now be able to access the RC from your Customer Portal!!

0 Kudos

I can....but I still have that question.  Typically for those of us who have remote pollers that do not have the web server running on them we get a service-only install file and a 2nd web-only install file to add the updated  web site pages.   Please clarify on what to do here.

Thanks.

BB

0 Kudos

Anyone else see a memory issue with the VoIP v2 service? Ours grows to over 500Meg within 8 hours.

It won't terminate from the Orion control panel - I need to kill the process.

I placed a support ticket today, but was interested if it was just us.

Dave. 

0 Kudos

We have identified a memory issue with VoIP Monitor v2 and are currently working on a service pack.  The service pack should be available on our website within the next few weeks.  Support should be able to provide you the service pack by the end of next week.

0 Kudos

Thanks Haley.

In the meantime we have been forced to terminate use of the VoIP monitor to avoid impact on the base Orion system (i.e. this can't come soon enough for us).

Dave. 

0 Kudos

The service pack went from QA to support so if you open a ticket with support you can get the service pack this week until then you can schedule a task to restart your VoIP monitor service at night. This should reclaim the memory that is being leaked before it gets large enough to be a problem.

0 Kudos

Service pack was applied this evening on our site - should know within a few hours if this resolved our memory issue.

A restart for us would have been required every 6-8 hours (we had over 500meg memory growth in the VoIP service within 8 hours).

Dave.

0 Kudos

OK, after 12 hours of running the VoIP service is now using approx 26meg (about where it started).

Looks as if the service pack has resolved this memory leak issue as advertised.

Dave. 

0 Kudos

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos

I have notified the team that handles the downloads and they should have the files updated soon.  I will post an update here once I hear the update is complete.  Thanks for posting the issue.

0 Kudos