cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Product Manager
Product Manager

VoIP Module of any Value to me?

I'm running an Avaya phone system and I'm in the process of bringing up a remote office. The remote office is connected back to the central office over a VPN connection using non-cisco firewalls. The VPN will carry the voice traffic. At the remote office, all phones are connected to a Cisco 3750 which supports IP SLA. The central office is running a mix of 6500 and 3750 series switches. It's our goal to closely monitor the call quality over this VPN link.

My question is this. Does the Orion VoIP module provide me any value in this configuration? I know the product ties in with Cisco Call Manager but does the product have zero value without it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

In case you have trouble visualizing the topology here's a quick Visio diagram.

0 Kudos

VoIP Monitor will enable you to monitor voice performance over your WAN.  You can simply need to ensure the Cisco Cat 6500 and Cisco Cat3750 have IOS versions that support IP SLA UDP Jitter operations.  You will be able to monitor MOS, Packet Loss, Latency, and Jitter for the WAN links.  I recommend downloading the evaluation and trying it out on your network.

0 Kudos