cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

VOIP router question.

I have added my infrastructure and am now ready to add sites.   But when I try to add a remote router as a site, I get an error:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:10:00'. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

So I read the forum looking for a solution and noticed that OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.1.7.1.2.13 must be supported.   So I fired up MIB Walker and found that it was not supported.   But then I found out to go to :

www.cisco.com/go/fn

and see if my router and IOS supports IP SLA's - UDP Based VoIP Operation.   When I did the check there, I am running c1700-sv8y7-mz.123-4.T6.bin which is listed as being supported.    So now I am confused.  Cisco shows it being supported, but SNMP is not returning a value causing VoIP Monitor to throw the error.    Is there something I am missing?

Mark Salyer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Ok, as a quick follow on, I found another VOIP router onsite that did respond to all the snmp queries, (different type router) and it failed with the same message.  I did make sure the snmp rw password was entered into the system manager first. 

Mark Salyer

0 Kudos

VoIP hotfix 1 is now available which addresses issues with testing for IP SLA support.

0 Kudos

We are currently looking into this case and how we test for VoIP support. We will provide more information soon.

0 Kudos

OK, I was able to get some sites created, but only by going to the original web server on the Orion NPM box. (the poller box).   I have the additional web server and the errors I was getting was trying to add on that box.

If anyone else is having this problem, check that. 

Bug?

Mark S.

0 Kudos