cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

VOIP monitor useless within a centralised setup ?

We have an European wide network with a centralized call platform.

Our agents in other countries have a SIP phone that communicates with a centralized Genesys IPMX server ( soon to be upgraded to SIP server ).

The only voice access is here in Belgium, so how am I ever going to measure voip traffic when there is no VOIP IP SLA capable system at my endpoints in the other countries ? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 10

Really no responses on this topic, come on guru's, show me some argumentation here

0 Kudos

VoIP Monitor 1.0 is built around IP SLA. You are correct that for it to be useful, you will need IP SLA-capable hardware in more than one location. Several low-end Cisco routers support IP SLA. You could purchase one of these for each of your remote sites. It isn't necessary for the IP SLA router to actually be routing traffic - it can serve as a leaf node responsible only for IP SLA operations.

0 Kudos

Too bad, I was hoping it to be able to do end-to-end VOIP monitoring to make sure that the local network isn't a bottleneck or misconfigured.

We have cisco routers installed on all our branch offices, so according to you I must be able to setup IPSLA on them in order to monitor the VOIP quality on the WAN link for example correct ?

0 Kudos

That's correct.

0 Kudos