This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VNQM UDP Jitter operations, tag and polling frequency

Hi All,

Sorry for the potentially dumb question, I'm quite new to vnqm and I couldn't find an info about this.

I have a new installation in vnqm, and our network guys defined 240 ipsla udp jitter operations.

Some set to 180 seconds polling interval, other to 60, since this greatly impact the performances of our db, I would like to lower the polling interval but somehow I see that most of the operation have the field greyed out in the edit operation window. At the same time other operations can be edited directly from the edit window, polling period included (see pictures below).

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

It seems that the only difference between these is the "Tag" of the operation. Where it is present, I cannot edit, where it is not there, the operation can be edited.

Is this an expected behavior? How can I add or remove Tags? How can a polling period be modified, without recreating the operation? Can I edit the polling period value directly from the DB or that is a bad thing to do?

Thank you.