Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Unable to add Avaya Call Manager to VNQM

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have 2 Avaya Call Managers that we are unable to get into VoIP and Network Quality Manager.
They are both managed correctly, have been discovered as Avaya devices but VNQM will not accept that they are Call Managers

Error - pastedImage_0.png

I have looked at the OID and it has returned what I would have expected as a result,

pastedImage_1.png

We have also completed all the configuration that the Admin Guide has set out but this still will not work and there is nowhere really that suggests why....

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

Our resolution is as follows -

SolarWinds have said the following –

When adding Avaya call manager to VNQM, VNQM checks for the presence of this OID:
If this is not present, it is likely that the call manager is a load balancer and this is not supported.

The 2nd check is that the sysDescr contains Avaya (example below)
.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: ""Avaya Aura(R) Communication Manager SP""

We need to engage with the Vendor to have the correct OID information added to the servers.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Level 11

Does the latest VNQM support the older avaya call manager 5.2?

0 Kudos

Hi you will need to amend your network regions to send RTCP data for the avaya phones. There is a whole bunch of changes.

You need to add the call manager to send CDR to Solarwinds  on a 2nd CDR link. All the settings are in the VNQM guide. It is easy to follow if you know your way around CM. We have 20,000 phones on 2 instances of VNQM sending MOS data etc. Works well although does put high load on SQL server

0 Kudos

Thanks, but I have done all that.  Followed the guide and configured everything

As it stands this module to us is useless.

0 Kudos

Hi, if everything is configured correctly on the CM and sending RTCP data from the phones. You should be able to see Calls by Network Region. Search on calls per extension and get the MOS, Latency Packet Loss and Jitter. You can even create alarms for packet loss on region, packer loss per extension and be emailed when packet loss drops it works great. I have 2 installs with 20,000 extensions

0 Kudos

Use Wireshark on the NPM server and check you are getting UDP Port 5005 RTCP data from the phones

0 Kudos
Level 11

AvayaCM.png

0 Kudos

Thank you, I followed the option of having the load balancer ip as a node and it has imported the Call Manager.

I get bugger all data though, just registered phones...thats it

0 Kudos
Level 12

Our resolution is as follows -

SolarWinds have said the following –

When adding Avaya call manager to VNQM, VNQM checks for the presence of this OID:
If this is not present, it is likely that the call manager is a load balancer and this is not supported.

The 2nd check is that the sysDescr contains Avaya (example below)
.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: ""Avaya Aura(R) Communication Manager SP""

We need to engage with the Vendor to have the correct OID information added to the servers.

View solution in original post

Thanks for sharing this.

And you have the hope, that Avaya will change/update/add that? It seems highly unlikely to me... So I assume VNQM is dead for newer Avaya Call Managers then...

Do you know if VNQM is checking the solarwinds-database or is it directly connecting to the device to get the information? If it checks the Solarwinds DB you could change it there, and add the device before the rediscovery interval kicks in and changes the value back.

My clients Call Managers returns for the systemDescription OID "Avaya Aura (R) Communication Manager ZP" if I recall correctly, I am very certain that "SP" is not in the string. I have to check the OID for the device as well. Maybe test a little in the Database, it is a "PoC" Environment at the moment, but when we can not add the Call Manager I guess my project is also dead.

0 Kudos

Its not too difficult to add the required OID/MIB's, we would do this but it is a vendor supported system that is still being implemented.  Might as we use their talents

Good luck getting yours sorted!

0 Kudos

Same issue here, has there been any publicly available solution for this?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Level 12

What version of Avaya are you running?

0 Kudos

Avaya Aura System Manager 6.3, sorry I thought I had included this..

0 Kudos

Let's talk! I'll contact you offline.

Level 12

Thanks derik.pfeffer

BUMP, anyone able to help with this?

0 Kudos
Level 12

smiffy85,

We are experiencing the same issue but with the version below. SolarWinds has identified an issue with Avaya v6.3.x. It apparently changed the OID used by VNQM to identify the system as a Call Manager. They are looking for me to see if there is HF or something we can do to work around the issue. I will update this post once I have more information to share.

"Avaya Aura (R) Communication Manager VE"

Best Regards,

Derik Pfeffer

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services