This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds SSH Client not working

Hi,

We tried to install IPSLA path operation to a router which Solarwinds require a cli credential. But Solarwinds can't get through the router. When we tried to access the router through Putty, ssh access was good. Is there a problem in solarwinds end or on my router?

help is very much appreciated...

• Hi rsteve,

have you set ssh protocol for cli credentials in IPSLAM? Telnet protocol is used by default. There could be also problem with enable security level. In that case, IPSLAM could be able to connect to the device, but couldn't create operation. What about credential test, does it fail or is it successful?

Robert

• hi,

credential test failed, but when we tried to ssh through putty, it worked. i was wondering if we can change Solarwinds' default ssh client to use putty instead.

on the otherhand, if i see red on ip sla operation does it mean no configuration made on the router or just no data/operation at the moment

• hi,

we noticed that all source nodes using rtr command instead of ip sla were the nodes that have issues with regard to Solarwind's built-in ssh client but can be ssh'd thru Putty from orion server.

• There is no possibility to change built in ssh client.

From your description it seems, that operation wasn't configured on the device, however you can ensure on operation details resource.

If the ssh/telnet protocol and port are set properly for the source node but IPSLAM cannot connect to the device, I suggest you to open support ticket for this issue.

Robert