cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

QoS Bucket monitoring

I'd like to see the voip monitor to trend/graph each qos bucket set up in a router and also set alerts if buckets are over used, underused, or packets being dropped.

BB 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

Thanks for the feature request.  Can you please elaborate on "qos bucket"?  What type of data would you expect to see in the qos bucket?  Also, what do you feel would indicate that a bucket is being over or under used?

0 Kudos

When I say bucket I mean each individual qos queue.  We have about 5 of them including voice bearer, voice signaling, video and best effort.  Each bucket as a unique DSCP value.  We'd expect to see how much data is in each bucket, and most importantly is if there are any drops.

BB
0 Kudos

Haley....I know I brought this up a while ago.  Any update on if this is being looked at?

BB

0 Kudos

you can do this with the custom poller in Orion, you just have to find the correct OID for each queue in the router. It is dynamic but on Cisco routers there is a command in the later IOS release to stop these OID's being dynamic. The post below has some good pointers for finding the queues but it's not simple

0 Kudos