This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Noob Alert: All Regions Not showing in SolarWinds

Hello there,

I am a noob as stated in title, when it comes to both SolarWinds and CCM. I know enough to get around. I setup CCM Billing Server so the CDR logs would be populated in on a SFTP server successfully.

pastedImage_0.png

Logs are now being exported by CCM and Imported By SolarWinds. I am getting data regarding the Calls that are being placed over the network.

pastedImage_2.png

The only and biggest issue is that if you notice above, there are only 4 regions populated in VNQM.

There should really be 9, so I'm missing 5. In CCM as show below there are all the Regions that should be populating.

I honestly feel like it's CallManager not producing the data for whatever reason as opposed to SolarWinds not accepting the Data but I'm not sure how to prove it or where to look for that matter

As stated before, I've only worked in CCM about 1 year and SolarWinds a few months so forgive me if this is an easy one.

pastedImage_3.png

Product Info:

CCM Ver - 10.5.2

VNQM Ver - 4.2.3

NCM Ver - 7.4.1

NPM Ver - 11.5.3

• Are you seeing all the regions in VoipCCMRegions table?

• Check the Dependency Records in CCM of the Regions that are not displaying and make sure they are actually assigned to Devices.

• Hi Ding,

Thank you for your reply first off.

I am not familiar with where to find the VoipCCMRegions table. I searched for it on the web via google and it only pulled this thread, nothing else. Is there another name for it by chance? Do you know how to access it? If so, I can follow your lead. One thing strange I just noticed after logging back in to SW is that the Reading Region is missing now. Unless the have not made or received any calls in the past hour (Highly unlikely) it's gone. I had a large project I have been working on, since I got stuck on this I put it on the back burner for now. Would still love to get it fixed. I know this doesn't answer your question just throwing it out there.

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi MichaelMartin6,

Thank you very much for your suggestion/reply.

I checked the dependency records for the regions regarding each facility and they were all linked to the correct device pool.  They also were all tied together via the Relationship pool shown below.

You can also see under device pool menu that the regions are assigned as well.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

• I will be away for two weeks starting tomorrow with no access to phone or internet. I appreciate all suggestions. I will try all suggestions posted upon my return.

Thank you!

• I finally got this issue resolved and wanted to update this post just in case someone runs into the same issue.

I got a SolarWinds Rep "Jeremy Holmes" who was actually very knowledgeable and definitely knew what he was doing.

So there were a couple of issues

#1. My SFTP Server had about 180000 files in the CDR folder. He stated that he has seen issues start occurring before at around 70000 regarding all Regions not populating as they should. I went through and deleted all of my CDR records off the SFTP Server besides the last two weeks worth. Then went into my SolarWinds Settings for both the Pub and Sub and checked the box that deletes CDR Files after they have been successfully uploaded into the SQL Database for Solarwinds.

#2. We had the SFTP folder path for the CDR records pointed to the correct file path for the Cisco CM Subscriber but the Publisher SFTP path was blank. This was an obvious problem that I should have seen, but it was overlooked initially. Mainly because I thought all my phones were registered to the Subscriber and not the Publisher. After a weird incident a while back we moved some of the Regions to the Publisher for testing purposes and I guess they were never moved back over to the Subscriber as they should have been. 

I know this is a lengthy solution, but wanted to put it out there just in case someone else runs into something similar. I hope this will help them out and reduce hours of frustration and troubleshooting

Thanks to everyone who put their input in on this and tried to help.

pastedImage_0.png