cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Need to monitor MGCP PRI GW usage on cisco voice Gateway

Orion - 8.0, I need to monitor the channel usage of the PRI on my cisco mgcp voice gateway.

I know the upcoming voip monitor will have it but my customer wants it today, can I do a custome mib poller?

Thanks

0 Kudos
31 Replies

Yes, more than likely.  After reading your previous post I put this on the list to look at again on a rainy day or when we hear that the issue has been worked out.  I would also be interested in hearing of any developments in this area between Solarwinds and Cisco.

Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos

Geoo, please reference this thwack thread in your ticket.

jspilde, no new updates.  Cisco has not added support for that MIB on older devices.

-Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Geoo, 

Did you managed to progress this?

I need to test this before rolling out to some client sites.

Many thanks,

Eoin O'Connell

0 Kudos

No, I havent gotten anywhere.  We opened a TAC case and their end response in summary was, we dont have any way for you to do this.

Jim

0 Kudos

I was able to use the Universal Device Poller ap, using the test function, and was able to get some data back (Not sure if it is what my voice guy is looking for.  I was using the OIDs that you provided.  However, when I try to associate that with a device I get an error that says it cannot reach the job scheduler after 3 tries.  We're opening a ticket on that part of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

how do I install this, only some xml code shows up when I download it?

0 Kudos

you download the file and import it into your custom poller.

0 Kudos

What hardware were these custom MIBs designed to work with?  We have mostly 2800 series Voice Gateways and I'm getting conflicting numbers between these MIBs and the CallManager/Voice Gateways... 

0 Kudos

We use it on the Cisco ISR and the AS5350 and I checked the output against the 'show isdn active' command on the CLI.

0 Kudos

What hardware was this poller tested with?  I have 2800 series Voice Gateways and I'm not getting any matching data between the custom poller and the CM/VGs for the number of active channels...

0 Kudos
Level 7

Have you figured out how to grab this data via SNMP.  I have tried to find it myself but I haven't found the correct OID to grab MGCP PRI's usage info and the VoIP module does not collect this info (might not even be possible outside of the Real-Time Monitor Tool).

0 Kudos