This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor 911 Calls

Everyone,

I was wondering whether or not the VoIP & Network Quality module or Solarwinds in general allows you to monitor specific calls made from an IP phone. I am trying to setup a notification system so when a user dials 911 we get notified either by email or text.  This notification should include the user's location and extension.

Thanks!!!

RG

• In case you are interested, you can combine Solarwinds and Call Manager to create the 911 solution instead of paying for one.

Import the Call Manager CDR records into Solarwinds (VoIP & Network Quality). Also, make sure you have Caller ID enabled on your outbound calls to show the specific IP Phone number.  Create a 911 alert where your outbound Caller ID is 911 or 9911 (or whatever flavor is that you use) and based on it create a notification rule that shows the calling extension as well as the location. When someone dials 911, we get notified by text and email. 

It requires a little bit of work but it is feasible. Let me know if you need specifics about the configuration.

RG.

• Hi, I am new to this and would like the specifics on how to setup this particular alert. I see where to add it but am not getting to far with acutally finding the correct sequence of things to add.

Thank you

Jose

• The only issue I see with this is that any and all calls, regardless if they are 911 or not, do not get recorded in the Cisco CDR logs until AFTER the call completes.  Therefore, for a 911 call that's ongoing, you won't receive notice until after the call has ended.  So you will not get an alert when someone dials 911 - only after the call has ended.

• toothfairy.... I am not concerned about getting the notification after since the big issue we have is that they don't stay on the phone to let the 911 personnel that they have dialed by mistake (e.g.). On another note, if they are on the phone with 911 I don't think they are going to answer another call. 

• jcolon...

On the Trigger Condition tab we monitor the VoIP Call Details and in our case whenever the Called Party Number = 911 or 9911 the condition becomes "true". Also, we send Email/Page on the "Trigger Actions". Once you have the alert configured, you can test it without affecting the other ones by selecting it in the Manage Alerts and clicking Test. From there, you can either select a node, interface,etc. This would tell you whether or not it is properly configured.

• Is there any way to get a box on the main monitor page of 911 call for the last x Days?  If so how would that be done?  I am totally new to this product.

• Hi Folks,

I'm also interested in this and I am very new to SolarWinds and need more detail.

Can someone post specific details on how the Trigger Condition looks, that would be great.

Maybe a screen shot would be even better.

Thanks

Nick

• Did you ever get a response to this?

• you can create Custom Query resource with SWQL query

SELECT CallID, DateTime, DestCause, DestDeviceName, DestJitter, DestLatency, DestMOS, DestPacketLoss, DestCCMRegionName, Duration, OrigCause, OrigDeviceName, OrigJitter, OrigLatency, OrigMOS, OrigPacketLoss, OrigCCMRegionName

FROM Orion.IpSla.VoipCalls

• Thanks for your response.  How do you import the logs from CUCM to have this done?  I do have the CUCM servers being monitored in VNQM, but not able to see any call logs.