This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Misconfigured Call Paths

Hi,

Every once a week I would get an error saying "misconfigured call paths" on the VoIP Monitor main page.  All I have to do is to go over the VoIP setting / wizard again and things will be fine.  Is anyone else experiecing this?  My current setup is hub and spoke with 2 sites being hubs.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Phil

• The "misconfigured call paths" message appears when you have a manual call path defined with no matching operation in the specified device. Since this is happening periodically is there a chance that your device is cycling every two weeks clearing out the operation?

• My devices are not cycling every two weeks.  What other factors would cause this?

thanks.

• Are the misconfigured call paths for sites that are set up in VoIP Monitor as manually managed devices?  If so, the next time you get the misconfigured call path issue, I recommend performing the steps below:

1. Navigate to the VoIP Settings
    2. Click on Call Paths
    3. Clicking next
    4. Select to skip auto-discovery
    5. Locate the call path that is misconfigured
    6. Write down the operation number
    7. Login to the source device
    8. Look for the operation number to see if it is configured on the device.  If it is no longer listed, then the operations are resetting and running through the call path discovery setting in VoIP Monitor is resetting the operation number.  If the operation is listed, then I recommend opening a support ticket at www.solarwinds.net/support including a screenshot of VoIP Monitor stating that the call path is misconfigured, a screenshot of the Call Path Discovery window that shows the call path, and the SolarWinds diagnostics file.
  • Also, when you are manually setting up the operation make sure that you are setting the lifetime of the operation to 2147483647 which will expire the operation only when the device is cycled.

• I also have this occur and find it quite annoying.  We use manual SLA operations as well, and I have verified that none of these devices are rebooting.  As soon as I go through the wizard again it adds the sites without having to make changes to the operation numbers.  It appears to be completely random as to when it occurs.

• Hi,

My operations number on our source device does not change.  Seems to be a problem with the VoIP monitor itself.  All I have to do is to go thru the wizard again and the misconfigured call paths will go away without me making any changes during the wizard.  I have also tried changing the lifetime from forever to 2147483647, but does not seem to make a difference.  I guess I will open a trouble ticket regarding this issue.

• I am running a Trial of this in my DR Environment and having the same issues.  Did you find any resolution for this issue?  If i reconfigure the "Misconfigured" call path and keep hitting next they start working again...

• I opened a ticket with them and the engineer told me it's a bug on their end.  Currently they don't have a fix for this and potentially it maybe fixed during the next SP release. 

• Thanks for the response....

I found that this is only a problem if i set the configuration for IPSLA to manual.  When it is set to automatic, it works great.  Sounds like a bug to me...

• I am also experiencing the same issue for the manually configured call paths.  We have 20 manually configured call paths and randomly, Solarwinds will report a few of them as misconfigured (random paths as well as random time periods).  I run thru the reconfiguration of the Voip monitor and it clears the problem up for a short period of time before i have to rediscover the paths again.  I am now having to log into the application on a daily basis to make sure it hasn't stopped collecting the data on the devices/call paths.