This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPSLA SNMP OID

hi,

Is there any way to figure out which SNMP OID  is being used to monitor IPSLA jitter statistics ?

Currently, the two IPSLA operation types that have configured in the router is "path-jitter" and "icmp-echo". It seems Solarwinds is able to monitor few Jitter statistics. (Well, I dont have direct access to the Solarwinds tool out here). Here is snippet of the Solarwinds IPSLA config :-

ip sla 40006

path-jitter <IP> source-ip <IP>

vrf pub

owner SW.IpSla.VA1-SOLAR.SolarWindsOrion

frequency 300

ip sla schedule 40006 life forever start-time now ageout 0

ip sla 40007

path-jitter <IP> source-ip <IP>

vrf pub

frequency 300

ip sla schedule 40007 life forever start-time now ageout 0

ip sla 40010

icmp-echo <IP> source-ip <IP>

frequency 300

timeout 180000

threshold 400

ip sla schedule 40010 life forever start-time now ageout 3600

I wanted to view the jitter statistics by doing a snmpwalk. The problem is that snmpwalk returns back a zero for *all* the jitter related OIDs. I have been looking the SNMP object - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.x (rttMonLatestJitterOperEntry) for the IPSLA jitter numbers. Refer to http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT&submitClicked=true

A Cisco white paper -  Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements User Guide  [Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements (SLAs)] - Cisco Systems -  in the section - "The Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements RTTM on MIB" points out the following - "The Cisco Response Time Monitor MIB (Cisco-RTTMON-MIB.my) is the MIB used for IP SLAs. The only Cisco IOS IP SLAs operations that are not supported are Frame relay, Path Jitter, and ATM operations."  Am I not seeing any numbers while doing a snmpwalk through the jitter OIDs because "Path Jitter" is not supported and that happens to be the only jitter-related operation type configured in the router ?

How is Solarwinds able to gather the IPSLA statistics ? Does it use a different set of OIDs ?  How do we figure out what OIDs solarwinds is using to successfully monitor IPSLA jitter ?

Thanx !